Have you ever heard “I’m bored!” from your child? Although you might not able to understand how a child with free time (remember having free time?) and all the activities of the summer season can be bored, it certainly happens. With short attention spans and a plethora of hours in the day, children need to be entertained. Here are five easy and affordable ways to have fun this summer
- Sidewalk chalk: Keep children entertained for hours in the safety of your own front yard. An inexpensive purchase at most toy stores, you can occupy your child while feeding their creative side.
- Sprinkler: On a hot day there is nothing better than some sprinkler action. A standalone sprinkler that rotates is grass and kid friendly!
- Lemonade stand: The classic lemonade stand is a great way to teach responsibility and have some fun doing it. It is important to test the refreshing lemonade periodically…just to make sure it is still good 😉
- Flying a kite: Windy day out? Grab a kite and get goin’!
- Water Balloons: Always a big hit, filling up and playing with water balloons can be fun and refreshing on a hot day. Don’t forget to pick up all of the little pieces if they break!