The rain can sure put a damper on things, especially in the summer. It can be cause for boredom but that does not have to be the case. Don’t let the rain get you or the kids down! Here are some fun things to do with the kids when it is raining out.
- Family board game: There are hundreds of board games out there. Pick out some that the whole family will enjoy and play! Have these ready when the thunder strikes.
- Build a fort: Kids love building a fort, use some chairs and blankets to create one
- Baking: Bake cookies, a cake, cupcakes or something similar with the kids. Let them do design work with colorful toppings and frosting. Creating it is just as fun as eating it!
- Indoor events: Look in your local area for some indoor activities such as bowling or a museum
- Just because it is raining does not mean you can’t go outside! Bundle up and jump in some puddles!